Meditation–A way to healthy balanced mind

Disclaimer: Before, Starting I want to let you know guys,I am not a life coach, or spiritual guru or trained person to teach meditation ,Its entirely my way and my experiences I want to share with you.Please follow with your own responsibility.

Hello beautiful People,

So today my topic is – “Meditation”(dhyana).

I know most of you must be thinking..Oh..No..Not a spiritual lecture again.But trust me friends, Its not a spiritual lecture at all.Its my own life experience which helped me a lot in many ways.So I just wanted share my experience about meditation hoping someone somewhere will be benefited by this.

Now a days it’s a very popular term used or experienced by many of us.But very few of us truly knows the real meaning of meditation.For someone “Meditation” is concentrating on something,For someone it’s a way to achieve mental peace.Someone practices various posture or process for doing meditation.But Friends, Meditation is not “doing”,Its a state which is called – Thoughtful Awareness”.Its a deep and profound peace one’s mind gets when your mind is calm and silent but yet very much awake.It should be effortless.

It means penetrating all the level of our mind and achieving consciousness finally within ourselves.Its not part of any religion or any culture.Its for a all.

When you meditate, you don’t focus on external worlds or any external issues happening around you,but you focus inward with calm,clear and pure state of mind.

The “Conventional” Thinking Process

From the childhood, We have a conventional thinking process to look outside and judge things as per our own conditions.We don’t really look inside, thus makes ourselves completely strangers to us.It’s a main reason, why we don’t understand other’s pain or having issues in relationships.

Anyone who tried meditation before, knows that our mind is the biggest obstacle between ourselves and consciousness.Our mind becomes unguided and distracting.Because Our mind is not trained to be still and calm.Its goes around all over the places.

One can say “Meditation” is a way to guide your mind to acquire stability and stillness.

medittaion2

Process I follow to meditate

Well, different people follow different ways to meditate.Some follow concentrating on “Black Dot” or some follow concentrating on candle.For some people their work is their way to meditate(lucky people..aren’t they!!). Smile

For me, I follow the technique written in the book “The monk who sold his Ferrari” by author “Robin Sharma”-”The Rose Method”.

This worked for me. I believe that is because, I like to see my life beautiful and colorful like a rose, rather than focusing on black dot.Open-mouthed smile

Now the method, I will explain step by step:

1) Try to choose a place which has minimal distractions like sound/bright light etc and also very safe and secure.

2) Sit in a comfortable position.I prefer sitting in lotus position or dhyana posture.

Medittaion_Posture

3) Close your eyes and relax and take a deep breathe.

4) Don’t try to suppress you thoughts, Let them come in. They come in and go..

5) Always remember Meditation should be effortless, So lets your thoughts float around your mind.After sometime you will see the density of thoughts reducing..

6) Now try imagining a Red Rose, Its Petals, Its beautiful smell.Feel the petals, Take the fragrance,feel the softness,The beautiful red color.Penetrate inside the Rose more and more.

7) The more you penetrate in a single rose, The more you will get away from outer noisy world. It might take from 5 to 30 minutes depending on your concentration level.

8) One time you will realize, all those noisy thoughts are gone and you are only thinking about the Rose.You breathes become shorter and you reach to a state called – “Thoughtful Awareness”.

9) At beginning its very difficult to concentrate for so long, but as you practice everyday,your power of meditation grows.But for beginners I would recommend not more than 10-12 minutes.Smile

You will find a beautiful video here, where thoughts are shown as a fly. A must watch. Thanks to the person who made it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9l-YYqjhVi4

Benefits:

  • The mind becomes calm and quite
  • Its very beneficial for anger related issues.
  • Helps to concentrate on work
  • Helps to make good relationships with others
  • It reduces control issues of mind. Like – Smoking,anger,mental issues etc.
  • improves speech.
  • Helps making right and unbiased decision.
  • Balances your mind and set up right priorities.
  • It has countless benefits, Just try out to find out by yourself.

Drawbacks

No Drawbacks at all.You will be a gainer at the end.

As the author correctly said :

“our vision will become clear only when you can look into your heart. who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside awakens”
Robin S. Sharma, The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari: A Remarkable Story About Living Your Dreams

So Friends, that was my experiences and how I got benefited from “Meditation”.It’s a vast chapter,which I tried to cover up in a single article.

I hope you liked reading as much as I liked writing it.

Comment down below, if you have any questions or any feedbacks.

And Please don’t forget to follow me in google+ and subscribe to blog for more new articles.

Bye..Till the time we meet again!..Smile

Comments