What to reply when someone insults you–A Practical Guide

Hello Doshobhujas,

First of all let me start with how I am(used to be) as a person and how I react(ed) to the people trying to insult me. Well, I was one of those people, who couldn’t say anything if someone insults or say anything bad to me.Instead of that I used to sulk in anger and try to find someone who can feed my self pitying attitude.That is because I was a peace loving person(Still I am!) and was scared of hurting and loosing people.My simple slogan of life was “Live and Let Live”. But as they say -

“Expecting the world to treat you fairly because you’re a good person is like expecting a bull not to attack you because you’re a vegetarian.”

So fortunately or Unfortunately I had to learn these tactics in a hard way.And today I want to share them with my readers hoping someone somewhere will be benefited.

Insult

1) Face to Face

Well F2F is a way where you confront the person insulted you directly. Some typical reply can be – “ What made you talk like that about me ??” OR “May I know why you said those nasty things about me” OR “Dude !! Do you have any issues with me” OR “I didn’t like whatever you said about me”.

This method is good when someone accidentally insulted you or someone with low self esteem tries to pull you down.They will either start to feel bad about whatever they said or they will get scared of you and never ever want to mess up with you in future.

2) Plays a Devil’s Advocate

This is a fun method and my most favorite! .Let me put it in this way,these replies are for those people who hates you and insults you for no good reason!.They continuously make fun of you or try to put you in an uneasy situation.The key here is to bring out your personality and to demonstrate little bit of your acting skill. Winking smile

For e.g – If someone continuously say something bad about you and try to pull you down, Let them finish and at the end reply “Sorry??” OR “Can you please repeat??” OR “Yah, now tell me..??” OR “Excuse Me!!”.

Trust me!! this method never fails.Works great in office, home, friend circle everywhere.This insults them back but in a indirect and more sophisticated way.

3) Being Humorous

This method is very effective, when you can’t afford to confront someone F2F – For e.g Boss,Any Elderly Person, or anyone who is more powerful than you .Basically who can harm your career or life in some way. We don’t want that right???…So here are some of the responses : “(With a Chuckle)..This shows how much you like me!!” , “I wanted to agree with you, But people are saying something else”, “My boss like me a lot!!”, “Seems like, you know me better than me!”, “I beg to differ, Don’t Put me in Jail”!! Open-mouthed smile.

4) Being Diplomatic or Sarcastic or Witty

Sometimes, the situations are like, you are angry as someone put you down but could not reply because you are out of words and don’t know what to say which saves the relation and also teach them a lesson. The typical responses can be – “ You know when someone wants to pull you down??..When you are already above them”,OR “Keep Talking, someday you might say something Intelligent”,OR “How long did it take you to come up with that one? OR “Sometimes I don't know whether to laugh at you or pity you

5) Ignore it..Leave it

Though I don’t promote this method but sometimes your loved ones or near and dear ones can hurt you or insult you accidentally.Just leave it,burry it and forget it.Sometimes “Silence does all the talking”..

So that was my post about “What to reply when someone insults you–A Practical Guide”.

Share your thoughts,comments in the Comments Box Down below. Also you can follow me on google+ and subscribe to my blog to get updated with latest posts.

Like our Facebook PageDoshobhuja

That’s all for today..astalavista!!

Comments

Post a Comment