5 reasons I bought Blackberry Z10

Ok..So 5 reasons I bought Blackberry Z10. I know, most of you are saying, “Are you serious, Blackberry is going down and bla bla bla”. Well I am aware of everything but still I gave it a chance. I am not going to say anything technical or make a comparison with others, I am just going to tell you my story of switching to a blackberry!

Z10_Black1

1) Being A Die Heart Android Fan :

It was not easy! Being a die heart android fan it was not easy at all to switch the OS to BB10. I was using Samsung galaxy for 2 years and was happy initially but then the system started slowing down followed by frequent hanging apps. I was told, that was due to so many apps installed to my phone, so I started uninstalling most of them and ended up 12-13 important apps in my phone. The condition improved but not much as I expected.So, that was an alarming call for changing my phone!

BB Z10, so far so good, no complaints yet.The interface is smooth and touch is responsive as well.

2) Who wants to be locked up!

We all want freedom!..Freedom to talk, Freedom to live and Freedom to call! But unfortunately if you don’t want to compromise with price, you have to pay it by compromising your freedom,choosing a contracted locked phone.I didn’t like it at all.And then when I went to India for vacation,my locked galaxy stopped working.I had to borrow my father’s mobile, which was a disaster.Sad smile

My BBZ10 is unlocked and not in any kind of contract, which makes it’s a great to-go phone anywhere in the world.

3) My Needs

My needs from a mobile phone are :

  • Easy to make a call
  • Easy to do Whatsapp
  • Easy to check Gmail,Facebook and other social networks

I have these very simple requirements from a mobile phone.I don’t really appreciate complex UIs and interfaces. I am not a very app savvy user.BB Z10 solves my purposes:

1) The Calling interface is awesome.Now I take up all calls.So no complaints please.Smile

2) My most fav part is the Blackberry HUB. You can actually see all your notifications all together at one place.How cool is that! There is no need to open each app to see what’s new. If any new message or notifications come, the notifications light automatically blinks.Just open it and check your messages all together.

3) The on screen keypad is just out of the world. The typing experience is awesome.The spacing of words are just perfect.

4) Worry in Hurry!

I am always in a hurry.If there is any bad time management award in this world, I will be the winner. Smile with tongue out And in hurry, things keep falling out of my hand.My poor galaxy was the victim which had lots of scars and scratches here and there. I really wanted a robust phone, which can tolerate all these.

BB Z10 is perfect for my use.The body is very strong and robust.When I hold it,The feel is beautiful and strong. The size is perfect.Holding big Samsung phones are really difficult to me.Disappointed smile

5) Price Point

BB Z10 was one of the products I bought on 2013 thanksgiving. The actual price of unlocked BB Z10 is $399+tax. In thanksgiving I got it in a discounted price of $199+tax. Yes you heard it right. It was a such a bargain. From a price point I think, its worth a try.In $399 you are getting :

  • 16GB Internal Storage
  • 4.2" Touch Display
  • 8MP Rear Camera
  • 2 MP Front Camera
  • 1080p HD video recording
  • 4G LTE Speed

Along with these, my Z10 goes 2 days without charging.

To be honest, my target was to buy unlocked google nexus 5, which is $349+tax , 150$ extra than BB10. And also, I have already used a Nexus 7 so, tried something different.

Because of the low price point and unlocked feature, I can take risk of changing my mobile phone again in 1 year. May be an apple this time.who knows!!Be right back

And if anyone wants to buy a Z10, here is the link : BB Z10

Again guys, I equally like android and BB10 and I still use my galaxy.This was just a taste change for me and I am liking it. Smile

Thank you for viewing my article.

Please Subscribe to my blog for latest updates or you can visit my facebook Page : Doshobhuja or follow me @ google+.

 

Comments