Home Decor Ideas in tight budget



Who doesn't want to have a well decorated home?.. Specially when you live in a country like US where people change their home decor in every 6 months,in every season with every occasion.And I also think its a good idea to change our surroundings to spice things up a bit.So, I was all set to do a mini makeover of my bedroom.

Here was my basic plan to decorate my bedroom :

1) I didn't want to spend a lot of money behind this because this is my temporary living space.(The story of most H1B holders :( )
2) As I have some decent amount of makeup and jewelries, I wanted some storage for them.My jewelries were just scattered here and there, making it difficult for me to find them when needed. So I planned some storage options.
3) Walls were quite dull and boring, so planned to spice them up a little.
4) Needed some place to hang my handbags.
5) Last but not the least, all I need was a warm cozy room.

The next step is the fun part, shopping!!.And when you are in tight budget the best place to shop is The Dollar Tree. Everything $1, How cool is that!

Here are some pieces I bought from Dollar Tree:



As you can tell, I have kept my everyday necessary things in this basket. like my watch, sunglass, keys etc. This makes things really handy and super easy to find when I am rush or in general. The basket looks really cute and can hold lots of things inside.
One can use it to keep stationery items as well. Or what about keeping hair accessories?..Really there are plenty of ways to use this basket.You can hang this basket with these type of adhesive hooks.



In this Easy to find storage box I have kept all my medicines. You can use this boxes to keep socks,stationary items, storge of ipad, ipod etc as well.


The next big task was to organize my makeup and jewelries.


I bought these containers of different shapes and sizes which perfectly fits my drawer.
As you can see I have kept my lipsticks in one container, Eye makeups and brushes in other. And I have used the small containers to keep my bracelets,earrings and necklaces.Looks really nice and organized.I can mix and match my bracelets everyday without putting any effort. And all of these for only $2.

The next task was to do something with the walls.I found this really cool wall hanging in Dollar Tree.

Its an image of The Eiffel Tower.As some of you might know, I am obsessed with Paris.Its a perfect wall hanging for my bedroom.There were plenty of wall hangings, wall decors in dollar tree. Use your imagination and your preference to get one.














Next was to find a place to hang my handbags. I end up using this.
This is a guitar stand which was sitting at my apartment for a long time. I used it as branches to hang my bags.


And now comes my most favorite part. To get into warm cozy luxurious mood, all I need is some aromatic candle, a good book, and some good music.


This candle is from Bath body Works Mini Candles range. 3 candles for $12 that's a really good deal. You don't have to pay for a full size and can try different scents. This candle is called- "Lavender Vanilla". Heavenly aroma. Perfect for Fall and Winter.

And finally, the cutest of all my Flower Night Lamp.


I really like it. This can be a nice addition to your room decor.Its colorful, dreamy and makes a nice pattern on wall.
There are plenty of other options to decorate your room. Just let your imagination flow and come up with unique beautiful ideas.
Comment down below and share your home decor ideas with us.

Thanks for stopping by and view my article. See you soon.. :)



Comments

  1. Wonderful sharing with fully described information. CoverByDesign is an online store to buy Wall Decor, Canvas, Home Decor and Wall Arts for beautifully designed homes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved all your ideas.Really impressed by the idea of utilising the guitar stand by hanging your bags there.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment